Clover Patch Sanctuary - Clover Patch Sanctuary
RSS Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Got Animals? 5 FAB Ways To Keep Your Multi-Animal Home Clean & Efficient!
The Story Of A Rabbit Rescuer
Bunny Theft
Welcome To Clover Patch Sanctuary!

Categories

Amy's Rabbity Thoughts
Important Subjects!
The Home
Welcome!
powered by

Clover Patch Sanctuary's Blog

The Story Of A Rabbit Rescuer

1.  I talk to my rabbits... daily... I respect each of their unique personalities and celebrate them.  Label them if you wish... cage protective, friendly, likes to be held, doesn't like to be picked up.  No matter. They are all precious to me and deserve the same beautiful, spoiled life as any other animal.
2.  I medicate them when needed through tiny ml tubes... or mix the meds with baby food if they prefer while petting them the whole time, letting them know I'll move Heaven and Hell to try to make them better.
3.  I pet and talk and medicate the bunnies living under my wing in sanctuary, knowing they are not long for this world, but never letting them know how sad I am that they are about to leave me. I tell them about The Rainbow Bridge and the wonders that await them... All the while, staving off tears while I speak to them knowing that I'll cry in private later on.
4.  When they pass from this world to the next, I cry and pray, knowing I'll think about them forever. I place flowers in their pen and have little headstones made to memorialize my friends.
5.  I laugh when they binky and kiss their little noses when they jump into my lap and rejoice when they jump on the sofa and sprawl out to join me in a nap.
6.  I watch my feet as they follow me to the frig to get a grape or carrot...they know they're about to be spoiled... again.
7.  I wash "poopie butts" and brush until my fingers ache and trim hair and check ears and thumb through litter boxes checking "their business" and I do so gladly to keep them healthy and happy.
8.  Hay is on my floor.  Hay is in my hair.  Hay is in my bed.  Hay is on my furniture.  Hay is in my car.  My bunnies need hay to stay healthy... That's more important than clogged vacumes.
9.  I wash rugs and towels for them daily and I'm covered in their hair most always.  I call the hair little specks of love and no outfit is complete without them.
10. I have vet bills, food bills, medicine bills, website bills, credit card bills, membership bills... All for the bunnies and yes, I'm glad for it because I have them here safe and happy and not subject to the atrocities that face most rabbits.
11. ALMOST DAILY I deal with breeder calls, snake-food-seeking calls, comments about "rabbits being good eats", comments about my messy house (see #8), comments that state "She has too many animals!"... All the while the above mentioned people have NO idea what it truly means to have a rabbit as a friend and companion animal.  It saddens me for their misinformed attitudes.  What a joy and blessing my furry pals are!
I am a person... Living and breathing like the rabbits I love so much.  I hurt when they hurt.  I rejoice when they rejoice.  I hold and protect them.  I am a rabbit rescuer... I seek no approval, no praise... nothing.  I simply am what I am making a tiny mark on the world but never doubting that the tiny mark makes a BIG difference!

32 Comments to The Story Of A Rabbit Rescuer:

Comments RSS
casino online on Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:45 AM
Dear Amy! Your writing taste excites me every time I read your fresh story! Thanks for sharing.. I'm sure that it's very interesting not only for me but for everybody!

poop bags on Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:02 PM
Thanks

mole removal cream on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 4:06 AM
Such an interesting story...I enjoyed lot while reading.

jaffa on Friday, October 05, 2012 12:45 AM
Great.

Read more on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:20 AM
What a brilliant story it is! I am very surprised to know about the “Story of A Rabbit Rescuer”. Here all the info keeps superb quality and especially I am feeling happy to read all the bills. Congrats for nice building and keep it....

Domini Anderson on Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:29 AM
Brilliant post!! I am totally amazed by reading this wonderful story of a rabbit rescued. Thanks for input credit card bills info!!

college research papers on Monday, October 22, 2012 6:42 AM
What a sweet story! Aww...I'd tell it too my little sis. She loves rabbits so much.

Alison Martin on Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:23 PM
I just wanted to say how much I wish that there where more folks in this world like you and your friends. What a wonderful fantastic thing you are doing. God bless you all and all your furry friends.

Ayden Brooks on Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:27 AM
Know something impressive and got some points on food bills, medicine bills, website bills, credit card bills, membership bills at all. Was seeking forward to know about this information. Thanks the head up.....
Reply to comment

hp touchsmart 520-1030a slot blu-ray drive on Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:32 AM
Sounds like you have a plan to flourish well into the near future. I am looking forward to see such a professional development. Thanks!

Mesothelioma on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:51 AM
Simply it is a awesome as well as fantastic article. i am too happy to read this whole article. i think thine article will attract whole world people.

Craig Max on Monday, December 31, 2012 12:47 PM
Cool post! The information you have provided is awesome. I was searching such type of content since long but finally today my search is over and all thanks to you. Your blog is not only educational but constructive too. Once again appreciation.

Elliot Carl on Thursday, January 03, 2013 1:05 PM
Cool post! Personally I like your site. Which I am searching that have in your content. I am so impressed to read your content. I am looking forward for the next valuable and informative concept in your blog. Overall outstanding post. Carry on :)

lingerie sexy on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:54 PM
I am pleased to read your post. I was searching for the related topic you discussed in there. Good job. All the best.

lingerie sexy on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:54 PM

drive on Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:56 AM
Amy Gregory-Mott, I have been very cheerful to know that you are a rabbit rescuer. The rabbit enhance the beauty of nature, so you have done a great job from you responsibility. Thanks a lot mate.Have a nice day.

Credit for small business on Friday, February 01, 2013 6:16 AM
This post is very interesting.I enjoyed a lot.Thanks for sharing this story.

jecksontom on Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:55 AM
Outstanding composition! Meanwhile i have read this whole treatise once and again. That is a completely several as well as perfect treatise. I praise you for your super-duper article.

Check this out on Friday, February 22, 2013 1:56 AM

assignment writing on Friday, March 01, 2013 10:11 PM
The frig to get a grape or carrot...they know they're about to be spoiled... again.

gold lace high heels on Monday, March 04, 2013 9:58 PM
Liked your site I will often come to see.

jophn on Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:45 AM
good read

santa ana dui lawyer on Monday, April 01, 2013 5:07 AM
I have read somewhere about the story of this person. I wondered why he is called the rabbit rescuer for quite some time. Well now I know that it is for a good reason. The clover patch sanctuary is a wide naturedly place meant mainly for rabbits. Hats off to the rabbit rescuer.

eser unlimited power bank on Saturday, April 06, 2013 2:34 AM
Essential blog post! I truly enjoyed reading it, as well as most of the posts on here. That is a truly good blog, thanks for taking the time to put it together. Thank you!

hearing aid prices in Utah on Friday, April 12, 2013 8:45 AM
Many group health-insurance brokers hesitate to call businesses out of fear of rejection. By getting past this fear and pushing through residual procrastination, a broker can fill his calendar with appointments. If the fear is just too strong to overcome, hiring a professional telemarketing firm or individual to work on a performance-only basis can yield great results. Thanks.

exercise supplement on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 11:33 AM
Thank you so much for your kind words, compliment and fav :) i just saw your work, your gallery is full of rich colours. I really liked your beautiful work..!! Best regards..!! Saniya

hospital furnitures manufacturers on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:51 AM
hank you for making the honest strives to explain this. I feel very strong approximately it and want to be told more. If it’s OK, as you attain more intensive knowledge, may you thoughts adding extra posts very similar to this one with additional information? It might be extraordinarily helpful and helpful for me and my colleagues.

Medical Store Online on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:25 AM
Great Article. Always buying various kinds ideas, I simply bookmarked this page. Thanks extremely, I appreciate you causing this to be article available, other website is also done well. Have a very good great day….

resuscitation kit manufacturers on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:35 AM
I used to be more than happy to search out this net-site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this excellent learn!!

rolex replica on Friday, June 28, 2013 2:01 AM
I have vet bills, food bills, medicine bills, website bills, credit card bills, membership bills... All for the bunnies and yes, I'm glad for it because I have them here safe and happy and not subject to the atrocities that face most rabbits.

panchsheel hynish on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:29 AM
I love your blog.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Please answer back as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. Thanks.

panchsheel hynish on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:30 AM
I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% certain. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.